Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You Are Sexy, Healthy & Thin!

This was the top motivational picture for me. This is what I want to look like and how I want to be, so here I share it with you.

I feel awesome about myself today for the first time in a long time. I've been listening to my body about food, eating what I want and stopping when I'm full. Looking for that feeling of "nothingness" that Marna talks about. I've also been sticking with my workout better, and starting to feel results!

I found this book at the library that really hit home for me called " The Show it Love Workout" by Kacy Duke. She is awesome. It is so strange that I came upon this book just after reading the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne which basically says that the laws of attraction in the universe are such that you attract what you want to you by your thoughts about them. I have been looking for a positive, motivating way to love myself and come into my true, thin body, and Kacy's book is definately it! It was such an exciting realization when I started to read it, thinking it would be like all the other diet/fitness books out there. But she really reaches inside to find the things that bother you and make you the way you are and then help you reach down and find the person within who has been hiding.

Kind of like "Thin Within You", by Marna Goldstein. I ran across her website a month or so ago, and it has really helped me in my quest. I believe the Secret is right, that we draw the things we focus on and think about, because just the fact of my finding the websites and books I have in the last month has proven that.

So I am no longer going to focus on the fat. It's gone. I am focusing on the thin me, locked inside, and letting her out. Focusing on letting her control my eating and thinking. And focusing on pictures, like the one above of Drew Barrymore, of thin people who are happy with themselves and in thier bodies, because that is what I intend to be. That is what I am!

1 comment:

Brady said...

These are good ways to be thinking about achieving your goals. I noticed you like to read and are really into the mental side of fitness, like the laws of attraction.

May I suggest to you the book "The Body Fat Solution" by Tom Venuto? I have found it to not only be full of awesome information, but very motivating as well. In fact, I lost five pounds just during the two weeks I spent reading it!

Anyway, the whole first third of the book is all on mentality, subconscious training, etc.

I have been trying to "lose weight" for about eight years now, with the typical yo yo dieting and frustration. I've never been as motivated as I am now.