Friday, October 17, 2008

Dealing With Stressful Situations

When you're trying to lose weight, stress can be a real deterrant that you can't let get the best of you. If you do, then pretty soon everything will end up being an excuse as to why you can have that cookie or ice cream or potato chips or whatever else you crave when you're stressed. You're trying to cover up how you're feeling with food instead of dealing with the feelings and although they can seem overwhelming, it's better to deal with them then to let food become your therapist. Food only masks the feelings you have every right to feel. Don't let it have that kind of control over you. For too long I have. I would never deal with my emotions, I would just eat and suppress them.


This has been such a stressful day for me! I dont' even know where to start, and since this like most stressful issues, revolves around money I'm really in a pinch. So normally when I get as stressed as I am I eat. A lot. But today I didn't. In fact I cried and let it all out. I'm still upset about things, but I feel like I handled it more like a normal person would instead of trying to shove my feelings aside with something chocolate or just mountains of food in general.

I am also upset that I had to miss my massage today. I had been looking forward to it all week as a reward for doing so well with my eating and exercising. I plan to reschedule it for next week, but it still doesn't change the fact that I won't be getting one today when I've been looking forward to it so much.
I thought about posting a picture of a woman stressed, but I think Fridays will be my dishy man day, and so every Friday I'm going to find a picture of a man I think is hot and post it. Kinda makes me feel better! Besides, what better to look at when you're upset then a fine looking man? So here's another picture - looks a little stressed there doesn't he? but oh so good!

No comments: