Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day!



So the past couple of days have been a little off for me. Sunday I worked all day, which is pretty much the way it goes, so I dont' get anything else done, including any exercise. But I did pay for the exercise I did on Saturday! I'm still paying for it as a matter of fact! Not fun.

With fuel prices the way they've been lately, my husband and I invested in a wood/coal burning stove, and completely redid our heating system. We disconnected the oil furnace and oil based hot water heater, and replaced them with an electric hot water heater and the wood/coal burning stove. We have yet to buy the coal, but we have had wood stacked up beside our driveway for a couple of months now. Saturday we decided it was time to get it into the basement, since the weather is definately taking a turn for the COLD! So while my husband threw the wood into the basement through the little window (my idea, can you imagine lugging it all down there? Ugh!) I stacked it. I must admit this is something I'm quite good at, having been raised in a wood burning household and this was a yearly ritual with my parents and still is. Well stacking wood at 120lbs overweight is much different then doing it when you're a realitively fit teenager! My body is still recovering from that! When I swept and mopped the kitchen floor this morning I thought I was going to die!

So I guess that means I cant' skip my walk tonight, or tomorrow!! Luckily I found a buddy to walk with, so that ought to keep me honest! I'm very excited to start that particular ritual. It's always easier to stick to something when you know someone else is counting on you to be there for them too.

I've decided that my eating I need to watch calories more then anything else. So my caloric intake should be about 2000 calories to lose weight. I've found that to maintain my plumpish figure I'm consuming about 3100 calories per day. That's crazy! Once I start losing, I can decrease my caloric intake to about 1800 per day, but to do that now would put my body in starvation mode, which I don't want! Obviously I need to condition my body to expect less and use up the reserves on hand! I've taken to chewing gum when I'm bored so I won't eat. I think that probably saves about 500 calories a day if not more. So there's my tip for ya! If it works on the Biggest Loser, then it'll work for you too!

Shall we go for a walk today? Happy Losing!

No comments: