Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Success is Believing!

Believing that you can do something is half of the battle. Believing that something good will come to you will bring that good to you. Successful people aren't the ones who have it handed to them on a plate, they're the ones who make that meal from scratch, all the while believing they have the ingredients they need to make the meal on that plate a reality. Thin people don't worry about where they're going to find the strength to say no to that unnecessary piece of food. It never crosses their mind that they might eat it because they don't need it and they don't see themselves that way. So changing your mind set from believing that you are depriving yourself by saying "no" to food, to believing that you don't need it is fundamental to being successful. In changing your thinking you change yourself.

One way that this has worked for me is the fact that I am now a very happily married woman with a beautiful daughter. When I turned 30 I felt like a complete failure. I had ended a marriage 6 months prior that had almost destroyed me, and was just starting to believe in myself again and that I might actually be worth something to someone. I was still overweight, but I didn't let that stop me from believing that I was going to find someone who would love me the way I am and give me a child. By my 31st birthday I had met the man I was going to marry, who did indeed love me for the person he saw underneath, and by my 32nd birthday, although I didn't know it then, I was pregnant with our beautiful daughter. My belief that this was what my life held made it happen for me, but it didn't happen until I truly believed it would and made it my focus. Looking back there is so much more I could have achieved with this mindset, but for now it is enough to know that I have been successful at something. That gives me the power in my belief that I will be successful in this next journey as well. Losing 100 pounds.

Thousands of people have done it before me. What makes them more special then me? The fact that they knew they could do it. I read a blog recently, although I don't remember exactly where, but the woman had written that one day she just decided she was going to be thin and then she was. She said there was no other way to describe her transformation, other then that she had decided she was going to be thin, she believed she would be, so that is what she became. And so I shall become as well, for I believe it will be so. I am thin and beautiful and powerful and strong and I love myself enough to be so.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great attitude to have! I've been there and then some. Attitude is a big part of losing weight, for me unfortunately no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get past the 25 lbs that I would lose. So surgery was the route I took.

Just remember that the "ideal" woman that you want to be, may have problems too. They don't go away. :) Your blog is very inspirational, and I'm happy that you commented on mine.

Good luck to you, and I think you have a lot of support out there in the internet world!