Friday, October 24, 2008

Taking Care of Me!


Yesterday was long day. I could feel myself starting to get sick for a couple of days, and yesterday I guess I felt the worst I've felt in a long time. I was able to nap when the girl went down for a couple of hours, but it really wasn't enough. I decided I really needed to take care of me, so I called out from work so I could go to bed early. I also took the time to make myself feel better about myself and bring lots of postive energy and good feelings to myself by taking a nice hot bubble bath. I surrounded the bath with candles and put lots of bubbles, and put some relaxing music on the cd player.
Then I sank back into the tub and just covered my body with the bubbles and ran the wash cloth over my body. I touched every part of my body and told it that I loved it. I love you shoulders, I love you elbows, you bend just right for my arms, I love you hands, you are beautiful and practical and can do so many things. I just did that for every part of my body, and then relaxed back when I was done and just thought good thoughts about how beautiful, sexy and wonderful my body was. I did not allow negative thoughts about myself or my body to enter my mind. I pictured my body at 140lbs and kept saying it over in my head until I could feel that body and see it in my mind. Then I let the water out of the tub, moved the candles around so they were higher and finished with a cleansing shower with cooler water and imagined all the negative energy and thoughts and feelings about myself washing away down the drain with the shampoo and soap.
When I stepped out of that shower I felt more refreshed and happy and healthy then I'd felt in a long time. Then I dried my hair and instead of putting on my ratty old nightshirt, I put on a sexy silk one that I never wore because I didnt' think I deserved to try to be sexy, and felt so good about myself wearing it. My husband wanted to know if I expected anything more, and I told him I didn't. I went to bed with a smile, imagining my body at 140lbs and wearing a sexy nightie just to sleep because I deserve it. This morning I woke up feeling much better! If you've never done something like this for yourself I highly encourage you to try it. It makes you feel so good and brings lots of positive energy your way.
I have never before done something like this for myself, and I haven't taken a bath in years, thinking myself too big, but it's always been something I enjoyed doing. I plan to do this for myself at least once a month. It will be my date night with myself! Next on my list? Massage!

No comments: