Saturday, October 18, 2008

Patience is a Virtue, so they say.....


It's a lot of work to lose over 100 pounds. It's not going to be easy, and it's going to involve a lot of sacrifice and changing my eating and exercise habits, and that's not easy either. The results will be worth it! Being able to see real difference in my size would be nice. But I don't' see any. I don't' have a scale right now, so I'm not able to weigh myself, so I don't know that I've made any progress. That's a bit discouraging to say the least.
Part of it is my fault for not being more vigilant in my exercising. It's the one thing that I hate more then anything else. I know I'm doing a great job not over eating and listening to my body when it says it's full and stuff, but while I don't mind exercising, the payout isn't there yet. I guess those endorphins they talk about coming after a lot of exercise don't come right away. I just feel very sore and tired after a workout. It doesn't make me want to do it again anytime soon. I keep pushing on because I want to see some results, but when you don't feel any different in your clothes, and you know that you're eating right and doing something active for at least 1/2 hour every day it's starts to get discouraging and you start to wonder if you'll ever get there at all. The doubts have starting coming! Like: maybe I really was meant to be fat and nothing I do will ever change that. It's not worth even trying to improve since it's obviously not working.
This is when it's even more important to keep my eyes on the prize, the reason why I'm doing this! I want to live life as a thin person and know what it's like to look great in clothes, love having my picture taken, be able to sit on my husbands lap, and feel better physically. I didn't gain all this weight overnight, I'm not going to lose it overnight either. I'm just so ready for it to be gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog Mae! Take some measurements. It was the only thing that kept me going at the beginning of the year. And becareful that you don't make up that exercise with extra calories. Take it from me, you break even. I was QUEEN of that. I am finding it easier (for me) to have a caloric goal. I wiped out on my appetite LOL!!

Mae Gray said...

I have measured myself - I have to take them again, but I'm so scared they havent' moved. I suppose I should just bite my lip and do it every Monday.

Thanks for the support Kelly!